Last Updated: 12.10.2023
How We Collect Your Personal Data
Volt Power Analytics collect your data through various channels, both electronically (e.g. web forms) and physically (e.g. collection of business cards). The data includes first name, last name, email address, job title, phone number, company and physical company address. The collected data could be only several of these fields, or all, depending on the nature of the activity. Personal data is collected through:
- Communicating with us, via email or social media or providing a business card.
- Contacting us using the booking feature on the Volt Power Analytic’s homepage.
- Completing a form on the Volt Power Analytic’s homepage.
- Signing up for a newsletter and/or webinar.
- Attending a physical event organised or co-organised by Volt Power Analytics.
When you browse our websites, we employ various technologies like cookies, non-cookie-based tokens, web server logs, tracking pixels, and web beacons to automatically gather specific information. Cookies are small files sent by websites to your computer or internet-connected device, serving to uniquely identify your browser or store preferences. Your browser can notify you about receiving specific types of cookies and how to manage or disable them. Please note that disabling cookies might limit your access to some of our website features.
Non-cookie-based tokens are encoded identifiers within URLs, which are used to monitor email click-through activities and generate time-sensitive password reset keys. These tokens function even if cookies are disabled or if a session has not been initiated. You can control cookie preferences through your browser settings.
Please feel free to ask any questions or seek assistance with our products and services through our customer support portal. You have the option to provide feedback, ask questions, or report any issues you encounter, and sharing relevant information will aid us in resolving your concerns.
Information Provided Though Products
To ensure that Volt Power Analytics is able to give the best possible experience, usage of the platforms/data provided is monitored. This helps us with documenting and prioritising the services that needs attention. User activity, such as pages visited, and data viewed, but never your specific queries.
How We Use Your Information
We utilize the personal information you share with us for the following purposes:
- To ensure you have the best possible access to our products and services.
- To respond to your requests and stay in touch with you.
- To conduct surveys and questionnaires.
- To keep you informed about Volt Power Analytics, our products, and upcoming events.
- To consider your employment application, if applicable.
- To contact you for other reasons related to the provision of our products and services.
This processing of personal data is carried out based on either an agreement with you or a legitimate interest in delivering excellent service and advancing our business.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
We retain your personal data for the duration necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined above. Our data retention criteria include the following:
- We maintain personal data in accordance with applicable legal requirements, such as the Norwegian Bookkeeping Act.
- Personal data concerning customers, suppliers, and other business associates is retained for the duration of our relationship or ongoing communication. In some cases, we may extend data storage to meet requirements like complaint and limitation periods.
- When you have provided your consent, such as for receiving newsletters and other marketing communications, we retain personal data until you withdraw your consent by unsubscribing.
- Personal data submitted in connection with a recruitment process is retained for up to 6 months after the process’s conclusion (unless you are hired). In some cases, we may seek the applicant’s consent to extend the data retention period.
We disclose personal data to our suppliers, including IT services and accounting service providers. We establish formal agreements with these suppliers to ensure that they only process personal data for the specific purpose of delivering their services to us.
Internally, we may share personal data with other entities within our organization for necessary administrative functions.
Additionally, we may share personal data with specific parties, such as owners, subsidiaries, business partners, and suppliers, to the extent required for the purposes outlined.
Other than these circumstances, we do not disclose personal data unless compelled by a legal obligation or with explicit consent from the data subject.
We employ industry-standard security measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Your personal data is stored on secure servers when you provide it to us. We employ suitable technologies and protocols to safeguard your personal information in alignment with GDPR standards. We routinely assess and revise these measures to stay in step with evolving laws and regulations, ensuring the ongoing protection of your data.
Under GDPR and other applicable data protection laws, you have the following rights:
- The right to access your personal data.
- The right to rectify inaccuracies in your personal data.
- The right to erase your personal data.
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- The right to withdraw consent where applicable.